WHAT IS STEWARDS OF CHILDREN®?
Using the 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children™ as a framework, Stewards
of Children® is a two-hour training that teaches adults practical actions
to prevent child sexual abuse or intervene if abuse is suspected.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES?
• INCREASED AWARENESS of the prevalence, consequences,
and circumstances of child sexual abuse
• NEW SKILLS to help adults prevent, recognize, and react
responsibly to child sexual abuse
• POSITIVE CHANGE to organizational policies and procedures
• INDIVIDUAL EMPOWERMENT through an understanding
of personal responsibility and actionable ways to make a difference.
WHO WE SERVE
Children are the ultimate beneficiary of what we do. We seek to provide all children with the opportunity to grow up healthy and happy, with their sexual boundaries intact. In this endeavor, Darkness to Light enlists the support and assistance of concerned adults in communities across the nation and globe, including:
• educators in public and private school settings.
• staff and volunteers in youth serving organizations.
• staff and infant/youth workers in faith centers.
• students enrolled in youth serving degree plans at higher learning institutions.
• parents and caregivers.
Access the Training:
- Attend an in-person Stewards of Children training at Connections, a center for healthy families or arrange for a facilitator to come to your organization/group. The cost is $15 per person.
- Take the Stewards of Children training in a web-based format online. The cost is $10 per person.
For more information contact, firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-485-3173